Future Aspiration Speakers

Today we had six Future Aspiration speakers come to our school and talk to us about their journeys of being what they are today and the struggles they went through in their pasts. The people who talked to us actually came to our school Pt England, The speakers were Tyrone tangata-makiri, David Clarke, Tanielu Tele’a, Ms Tia, Ms Haare and Ms Shania. All these people came to this school and are now doing very well for themselves. 

Tyrone Tangata-Makiri 

Tyrone is an entrepreneur who is executive director of In The Flow State, In The Flow State is a business where people Maori and Pacifica in particular can get help and advice to start their own businesses. He wants to create a vibe where his community can “do business where they live”. He gave us some advice and that was that “it is better to be an alien than a sheep”

David Clarke

David Clarke is a man who once went to Pt England his mother actually works at Pt England School today. David works in the database area and has been supported in his journey of getting there by Pt England School. He told us that it is important to have friends because he doesn’t believe you can do something completely alone.

Tanielu Tele’a 

Tanielu Tele’a is, as you may know, already a very good rugby union player. The team he plays for is the blues which you might also know well. Tanielu is a New Zealand Rugby Player. He has travelled all around the world for rugby and is might I add very good at it. He Told us to “Never give up” and I think he might have used that advice a lot as to where he is now and what he has become.  

Ms Tia

Ms Tia talked about her experience of being a brown girl in uni and collage trying to reach her dreams which were quickly stopped when she was told she couldn’t do something just because she was an islander and because there weren’t that many islanders in that community so she changed her dream from a presenter to a business woman and studied that. She is now working toward starting her own business on helping people. She told us that we should “ Enjoy being our age”

Ms Shania

Ms Shania Talked about how it was hard for her growing up as she wasn’t rich and she also talked about chasing your dreams and she is now in uni studying being a social worker. She says that she wants to be a social worker because she wants to help people who need some there for them when they need it because as a kid she felt what it was like to not have someone there to support her. She told us to “Help people in our community”

Ms Haare 

Ms Haare talked about her job as a social worker. Ms Haare is a Social worker and she helps people with things and she also talked to us about what it was like to be a mom with a career and also chasing her dreams of being a back-up dancer for destiny’s child. 

Thank you for reading my writing. 

3 thoughts on “Future Aspiration Speakers

1. HI Lynch its me tita as you know i wanted to comment on your blog because i know you have a good responsibility and and your work is actully perfect.

GOOD WORK

2. Hi lynch its me fifita from room 2 I just wanna tell you I really like your writing just keep the good work . 🙂

3. Malo lava Lynch. I enjoyed reading this post as I was there with you during it all. You have noted some key points shared on this day. I’m glad you had the opportunity to listen to our aspirational speakers AND the chance to share and reflect on them here on your blog. You are a good writer Lynch!

Have you tried the blogging activities for this year’s Summer Learning Journey site?

Everyone who participates will receive a certificate and a digital badge for their blog and there are some great prizes up for grabs for our most active bloggers. It’s also a lot of fun! You can register here.